Sunday, March 9, 2014

Lego Star Wars


Lego StarWars

I have a been a big Star Wars fan ever since I watched StarWars movies for first time. That was long time ago and I was 9 or 10 years old. I think every StarWars fan knows how it feels when you watch it for first time and it's not something you would forget for a long time. The first Star Wars movie "New Hope" was made years before I was born and it was probably already more than 15 years old movie when I watched it for first time. But now another 20 years has passed but it hasn't lost the fame or fan base.

But I don't think Lego Star Wars is something very popular around the world. Lego games are there are those are popular but Lego Star Wars sets or building sets are known mostly in North America and Europe only. I think the biggest reason is These Lego Sets are expensive. Not like those usual brick sets you received when you a young kid. These are serious stuff and expensive too.

I have been fascinated by these Star Wars brick sets ever since I saw these in a StarWars convention. I'm a fan but not crazy enough to go on cosplay stuff. There's nothing wrong with cosplaying or costumes it's just not my thing. But in this convention there was long raw of completed Star Wars Lego brick sets. A Lego Death Star,a massive Star destroyer and a huge Millennium Falcon too. Also there were many more small Lego sets which about various Spaceships and things related to the theme.

Anyway the biggest problem is the price. These sets are definitely not kids toys.At least some of these because some sets can cost you more than $3000! Yeah there are insanely expensive StarWars Lego sets like Lego Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon which can be cost you $3000 - $8000 or Lego Imperial Star Destroyer Set which can cost upto $3000! I don't think anyone want to give one of these to young kids but I have seen few lucky kids who received expensive Lego sets like these for their birthdays.

But there are good Star Wars Lego sets which you can get for less than $100. Not huge but I think these are good enough to make any StarWars crazy kid happy. If I  had one when I was young then I would have treasured it above anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment